Cockroaches in Southern Florida can cause a number of issues for both homes and businesses. Learn how to identify cockroaches and what you can do to prevent them.
Southerners are well known for their hospitality. Guests are generally welcome here in the Sunshine State, but there are some guests who are never welcome. We're talking about cockroaches. These horrifying, creepy insects not only make any human guest want to quickly make an exit, but they also carry a whole host of diseases that have symptoms ranging from nasal congestion to diarrhea, from asthmatic reactions to severe dehydration where hospitalization is required. Yes, cockroaches are nothing to fool around with.
How to Prevent Cockroaches From Invading Your Home or Business in Southern Florida:
- If you cannot wash dishes immediately, store them in a sink full of soapy water rather than leaving them in a stack by the sink. Cockroaches love leftovers.
- Store all leftover foods in the refrigerator with tight fitting lids, or in sealed containers if you must leave them out.
- Remove all garbage from your home or business on a regular basis.
- Vacuum and sweep often. And always clean up spills or crumbs immediately.
- Thoroughly clean areas where food is kept or prepared. Pay special attention to areas where spills can accumulate, such as underneath appliances or between your stove and counter.
- Check and clean the evaporation pan underneath your freezer or refrigerator on a routine basis.
- Thoroughly check the outside of your structure for gaps or cracks in your foundation or exterior walls where cockroaches and other pests could squeeze in, and use a caulking gun to fill them in.
- Contact the professionals at Hoffer Pest Solutions.
While following the above do-it-yourself tips may keep Florida cockroaches from invading your space, once these disease-spreading creatures get in, they can be extremely difficult to get out. Get your home or business protected today - request a FREE quote for pest control from Hoffer Pest Solutions.