Pests from a tiny ant to a large raccoon all have one thing in common- your home. That’s right, if you don’t take action to stop these and other pests, they will see your home as an easy place to forage for free food, water, and cheap nesting sites. The number one defense against a variety of pest problems is getting help from a pest control professional. DIY treatments may see like a good idea, but aren’t. They are mostly ineffective and do nothing to help fix the reasons why the pests are entering into your home in the first place!
The experts at Hoffer Pest Solutions want to provide you with 5 easy tips to help ensure that your home is kept pest free no matter what the season!
- Inspect your property and get rid of, limit, or fix the things that may attract pests. Things like piles of leaves, woodpiles, bird feeders, gardens, unsecured trash and compost piles will all attract pests to your property. It is also important to cut back trees and bushes from the exterior of your home, and leave a barrier between your home's foundation and any grass of mulch.
- Inspect the exterior of your home; look for cracks and crevices in the foundation and exterior walls. Check for gaps found underneath and around exterior windows and doors; and look for spaces around pipes and other utility entering into your home. If any are found, repairs should be made.
- Replace standard white outdoor lights with halogen or high pressure sodium vapor lights that have orange or yellow tints. Tinted lights are less attractive to flying insects.
- Inside your home it is important to make sure that food is stored in the refrigerator or in containers with tight fitting lids; not out in the open on counters or tables. It is also a good idea to regularly remove trash, vacuum, dust, wash dirty dishes, and regularly clean out drains.
- Find the right company to help assist you in keeping your home pest free. The experts at Hoffer Pest Solutions have the experience and training needed to control a wide variety of pest species from calling your home their home.
Hoffer Pest Solutions can help to keep your home pest free through our home pest control plans; these plans provide our customers with regular inspection services, treatment services that include a protective barrier around your home, and clear documentation of our services!
Hoffer Pest Solutions most inclusive home protection plan is the Home Shield Complete program. This program protects homes from a variety of pests including common household pests, rodents, termites, and provides seasonal reduction services for those pesky and painful mosquitoes and fire ants.
For more information about how to keep your home pest free and how Hoffer Pest Solutions can help, click or call us today and speak with one of our trained and friendly experts!