Subterranean Termites Love Our Climate!
Subterranean termites love the South Florida climate and are found in many homes in our area. Few pests are as dangerous to homes and buildings than subterranean termites. These pests live in large colonies and work 24 hours a day to destroy wood. If a termite invasion isn’t treated they can cause extensive, expensive damage to the structure of your home. Hoffer Pest Solutions relies on the eco-friendly Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System to eliminate subterranean termites.
Continuous Property Protection from Subterranean Termites
Hoffer Pest Solutions has completed extensive training to meet the rigid requirements for authorization to provide the Sentricon® service. It is both eco-friendly and applied discreetly around your home. While other termite treatments require drilling in the foundation and floors of your home, or applying chemical solutions in the ground under your home, the Sentricon® System involves simply placing small stations around the home. The termite treatment begins working as soon as it is applied, eliminating the entire colony and offering continuous property protection:
- Sentricon® System includes Always Active technology for long term protection
- Sentricon® stations with Recruit® HD termite bait are positioned in high-traffic termite areas to bait termites
- Termites consume the bait faster than they do wood, helping to accelerate the elimination process
If you want to protect your home from subterranean termite damage, contact Hoffer Pest Solutions today to get started!
Our Million Dollar Termite Repair Guarantee*
Hoffer Pest Solutions guarantees subterranean termite treatments for one year (with an option to renew annually). If subterranean termites return and cause future damage, we offer a $1 million dollar guarantee.
*Hoffer Pest Solutions will fix and repair subterranean termite damage only for up to $1,000,000. This guarantee option is only valid when signing up for termite service. Please see service agreement for details!
Subterranean Termite Treatment Process
The primary queen of a subterranean termite colony lays as many as 10,000 eggs per year – making it important to target the queen to end the home infestation.
- Step One: Termite Inspection: Hoffer Pest Solutions certified termite control technicians visit your home or business to inspect the interior and exterior for evidence of termites. If found we’ll come up with a plan to remove them from your structure.
- Step Two: Set Up Sentricon® Always Active Termite Bait Stations: If we determine you have subterranean termites we’ll begin setting bait stations around your structure to target the queen. Termites begin feeding on the Sentricon® stations as soon as they find them – starting the process of elimination immediately and providing continuous property protection. Ingesting the bait prevents termites from reproducing and growing the colony.
- Step Three: Quarterly Termite Control Visits: As part of the HomeShield Advantage and HomeShield Complete programs, our termite control technicians will return to your property on a quarterly basis to repair or re-treat as needed.
Think You Have Drywood Termites?
Drywood termites are attracted to the lighting on buildings and seek openings to go inside. They can get inside an opening as small as 1/64 of an inch! Treating homes and businesses for drywood termites is possible with tent fumigation or a no-tent, liquid treatment process. Hoffer Pest Solutions offers four types of drywood treatment options:
- Preventative Treatments: Hoffer Pest Solution technicians apply a borate-based inorganic salt treatment to exposed wood areas in your attic and home. It is an effective deterrent for drywood termites – when they come into contact with the material it prevents them from returning.
- Spot Treatments: If drywood termites have targeted areas of your home, we can apply spot treatments to just these areas. Spot treatments include electric shock through wood, liquid, or foam injections to drywood infested areas in your home.
- Liquid “No Tent” Treatments: Liquid products used in the no-tent drywood termite treatment process are less intrusive than tent fumigation. Our technicians apply the liquid to all accessible wood found in crawlspaces, attics, and soffit vents. Drywood termites walk through the treated areas and transfer lethal doses of the product throughout the colony – leading to elimination of all termites in the colony.
- Tent Fumigation Treatments: Among the most effective methods for drywood termite treatments is the tent fumigation process. It has a very high success rate for eliminating all termites in the colony, but requires much more preparation from the homeowners to complete.
Drywood Termite Retreatment Guarantee
Hoffer Pest Solutions guarantee drywood termite treatments for one year (with an option to renew annually). If drywood termites return, we will come back at no additional charge to eliminate them. If you want to protect your home or business from drywood termite damage, contact Hoffer Pest Solutions to get started!
Tent Treatment Advantages & Disadvantages
Tent fumigation is the most effective method for eliminating drywood termites during the first treatment. While tent fumigation offers the best success rate, it also requires homeowners prepare the home for treatment, including removal of food and medications. People and pets must vacate the home for two nights, which can be inconvenient. Tent fumigation also poses a risk for property damage to roof tiles and landscaping.
No-Tent Drywood Treatment Advantages & Disadvantages
When you choose a no-tent treatment for eliminating drywood termites you do not have to prepare the home or remove pets from the home during the treatment. Products used for no-tent drywood termite treatments offer long lasting residual protection to help prevent future infestation. On the other hand, multiple treatments are sometimes necessary when using no-tent treatments for drywood termites.
Let Us Help Protect Your Home
With over 40 years of experience dealing with termites in Southern Florida, there's no one more equipped to handle your termite problems than Hoffer Pest Solutions. Whether you suspect a termite infestation or simply want to take preventative measures, our termite specialists can help protect your home for the long haul. Contact us today at 954-753-1222 for more information!